VOX – How Rep. Mark Meadows came to control the Republican agenda’s future. On a July afternoon in the Capitol Building, in the course of giving his play-by-play of the Senate’s health care debate, Mark Meadows showed me the call log on his iPhone.
The first name was Steve Bannon, followed by Reince Priebus — both of whom would resign from the White House in the coming weeks but who were, at the time, top aides to President Trump. Then, in all caps, came a code name that was hard to miss: VIP POTUS.
Meadows tried to play off the names as unusual, a flurry of high-profile calls all flowing from the Senate’s failed health care push. But in the scheme of Washington today, they were entirely normal. Meadows, a third-term Republican representative from rural North Carolina who doesn’t hold any top committee positions and is far from House leadership, has become key to congressional business — a man who, his staff confirms, talks to Trump nearly every day and isn’t too shy about that.
“I spoke with the president about three or four days ago,” Meadows said back home in North Carolina during August recess to a group of about 30 constituents, knowing his relationship with Trump would please the crowd. “He says, well, you tell the people of North Carolina that I love them and I appreciate them.”
The Committee to Re-Elect Sheriff Charles McDonald announces Sheriff McDonald’s Campaign Kickoff to be held on Thursday, September 14th from 6:30pm-8:30pm at Boyd Automotive at 1875 Spartanburg Hwy in Hendersonville, NC. The event will feature food and refreshments, live music and an opportunity for the Sheriff’s supporters to meet with him personally. A Remington 870 12 gauge shotgun will be raffled off with the drawing occurring at 8pm. This event is open to the public and all are invited to attend.
Another way for you to show your support for Sheriff McDonald is to join us in the North Carolina Apple Festival Parade on Monday, September 4th. We will be walking the parade route and plan to meet between 12:30 and 12:45 before the start. An email with more specific instructions on meeting location will be sent out soon.
We hope to see everyone at the parade and the kickoff.
“Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
“Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
“Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
“Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
“A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
“A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
“Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
“The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
“The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.” It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
“If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
“The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.
I want to invite all Republicans and other folks in our Conservative Community to the After Hours Social to be held this Saturday, August 26, from 5-7 at Southern Appalachian Brewery, located at 822 Locust St Ste 100, Hendersonville, NC 28792
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Because of the legally required grouping of counties, our Republicans had some tough choices to make, but overall these maps are fair, legal, and we hope you will voice your support.
Public hearings will begin in several locations tomorrow, August 22nd at 4 p.m. We urge you to sign up and attend these hearings so you can voice your opinion. Each location is connected via satellite to the main redistricting location at the North Carolina General Assembly. These comments are part of an important public record that will be reviewed by the court.
Suggested points of emphasis are located under the following locations:
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute (Caldwell County)
Building B, Room 104
2855 Hickory Blvd.
Hudson, NC 28638
Central Piedmont Community College (Mecklenburg County)
Hall Building, Rooms 215/216
1112 Charlottetowne Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28204
Fayetteville Technical Community College (Cumberland County)
General Classroom Building (GCB), Room 108
2817 Fort Bragg Rd.
Fayetteville, NC 28303
Guilford Technical Community College (Guilford County)
Medline Campus Center, Room 360
601 E Main St.
Jamestown, NC 27282
Halifax Community College (Halifax County)
Building 100, Room 108
100 College Dr.
Weldon, NC 27890
Legislative Office Building (Wake County)
300 N Salisbury St.
Raleigh, NC 27603 Beaufort Community College
East Building 9 Room #935
5337 US Hwy 264
Washington, NC 27889 Public Comment Guidelines:
Speakers need to sign up on the “Speaker Sheet” in order to speak.
Speakers will have up to 3 minutes for their presentation to the Committee.
Registration for speaking will begin at 3:00 p.m. at each hearing site, and will close at 6:30 p.m. at each hearing site.
Speakers will be called according to the order of registration.
If a speaker is not present when called, the speaker will be skipped at that time. Time permitting at the end of all registered speakers, those skipped will be allowed to speak.
The presiding chair, at the chair’s discretion, may change these guidelines.
Points of Emphasis
We are pleased the General Assembly has drawn these maps in a colorblind way, with no use of racial data.
We believe these maps comply with the Voting Rights Act, as well as all existing and relevant court precedents.
These new maps are fair and legal. They follow the letter of the law as understood today.
We hope the courts will respects the constitutional role that legislatures have in drafting district lines. The drawing of legislative districts is the responsibility of the elected branches of government. We respectfully request that the courts refrain from changing redistricting law and standards after the lines have been drawn.
These districts comply with “one man, one vote” and contain roughly equal population based on the 2010 census.
These districts respect the principle of contiguity, with all parts of each district being connected.
These new districts are more compact than the current ones.
These maps strictly follow the Whole County provision as allowed by law.
These maps split fewer precincts: city and town boundaries are respected throughout the maps to the maximum possible extent.
These districts respect our community and our shared interests with our neighbors.
It is not the job of the legislative majority to correct for the severe weakness of the minority, either politically or geographically.
Democrats in North Carolina have lost 9/10 presidential elections, 3 straight U.S. Senate elections, and 14 out of the last 18 partisan statewide contests.
Since 2009, Republicans have gained significantly in terms of partisan voter registration, while Democrats have plummeted. Republicans gained 125,000 registered voters, but Democrats lost approximately the same amount.
We do not have a parliamentary system, and statewide election results do not and should not forecast an exact percentage of legislative seats won.
President Trump won 76 of North Carolina’s 100 counties.
Republicans won legislative super majorities despite having only 38 out of 120 state house districts and 15 out of 50 senate districts, and having a majority of registered Republican voters.
Adopting tax-and-spend policies, connecting themselves to President Obama, and adopting social policies that only attract the most liberal voters in densely-populated urban areas has destroyed the North Carolina Democratic Party in vast areas of North Carolina.
You can’t win the legislature while losing North Carolina’s small and medium cities, as well as almost all of the rural areas.
No maps can fix this for Democrats. Only better policies can.
The North Carolina Apple Festival is held annually over Labor Day Weekend in Hendersonville, North Carolina. Our area is known as The Crest of the Blue Ridge! It has been Western North Carolina’s Premier Family Festival for over 70 years. From September 1-September 4, 2017 you can enjoy 4 days of fun including one of the most best known Street Fairs in the Carolinas with freshly picked apples, arts & crafts, festival food, and free entertainment at the Historic Courthouse on Hendersonville’s beautiful Main Street. For more infomation click here.
Be sure to go by the Henderson County GOP Booth located at 4th and Main, 10 am – 8 pm Sept. 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
The Communists and ISIS did the same thing and destroyed monuments of the past and destroyed the countries HISTORY and rewrote it with lies of the Victors. In order to understand your country you must know its true history. Quit destroying our true history now.
Journalists, professors, and politicians on the Left want you to feel guilty about our nation’s heritage. They would rather erase the liberty that so many brave men and women fought and died to preserve—and even apologize for it!
You know this is wrong. America has an incredible history—one that we can and should take great pride in. Our Founders had a unique opportunity to start government anew—while drawing on the best knowledge and history of Western Civilization, from ancient Greece and Rome to the English constitutional tradition.
For the first time in history, they established a country founded of the people, by the people, and for the people—a country that rests on the bedrock principles of liberty set forth in the Declaration of independence and secured by the Constitution.
I write to invite you to join me in studying our nation’s fascinating, true history in our free online course, “American Heritage.”
We recently updated the course with new lectures, Q&As, and more. I encourage you to take this course yourself, and to share it with your friends and family.